More than 135 rockets were fired from the Gaza Strip, and struck major population centers in southern Israel in the last 48 hours. More than 500,000 Israelis are forced to stay in bomb shelters and one million Israelis are sleeping tonight under the threat of rocket fire from Hamas.
Terrorists are firing Qassam rockets, Grad missiles and mortar shells into the cities of Ashdod, Be’ersheba, Yavne, Netivot and Ashkelon; as well as into the Eshkol Regional Council. Iron Dome has intercepted more than 20 rockets.
Saturday, March 10, 2012
- 19:30 – Approx. 135 rockets have been fired from Gaza, 74 landed in Israel. Iron Dome intercepted 28 out of 31 attempts–a 90% success rate. Regarding the recent strikes, IDF Spokesperson, Brig. Gen. Yoav Mordechai: “The aerial strikes were surgical and precise, with no collateral damage to innocent bystanders.”
- 18:10 – Over 90 rockets have been fired from Gaza into Israel, and over 70 have landed in Israeli soil. The Iron Dome system has intercepted 27 out of 30 attempts–a 90% success rate.
- 17:40 – A senior operative in the Popular Resistance Committee terror organization was targeted in an IAF strike. IDF Spokesperson, Brig. Gen. Yoav Mordechai: “So long as Hamas enables Popular Resistance Committee and Islamic Jihad rocket fire at Israel, we’ll continue to act against it.”
- 16:45 – In response to the rocket fire, IAF aircraft targeted two terror activity sites, at two separate locations in the northern and southern Gaza Strip.
- 14:50 – IAF aircraft thwarted a terrorist squad from firing a rocket at Israel from the southern Gaza Strip.
14:00 – IDF Chief of Staff, Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz held a situational assessment in southern Israel and ordered forces to prepare for a heightened escalation. As of now over 94 rockets have been fired from Gaza, 68 of which landed in Israeli soil. Iron Dome intercepted 25 out of 28 attempts.
- 12:00 - As of now over 70 rockets have been launched from Gaza at Israeli communities, out of which 67 landed in Israeli soil.
- 11:45 – The Iron Dome active missile defense system has intercepted 27 rockets – which were fired at the cities of Be’er Sheva, Ashdod and Ashkelon, together home to over 520,000 people. 25 attempts out of 27 have been successful thus far.
- 7:00 – Over the past 24 hours, over 45 rockets have hit communities in southern Israel–injuring four people, one severely, one moderately and two lightly.
- Overnight, IAF aircraft targeted two weapon manufacturing facilities and two rocket launching sites in the northern Gaza Strip, a weapon manufacturing facility in the central Gaza Strip and a terror activity site in the southern Gaza Strip.
- In addition, IAF aircraft targeted a terrorist in the central Gaza Strip and six additional terrorist squads who were in the final stages of preparing to fire rockets at Israel from separate locations in the northern and the central Gaza Strip. Direct hits were identified.
Friday, March 9, 2012
- 23:00 - Four people were injured today; two severely, one moderately, and another lightly.
- 22:20 – The Iron Dome System has intercepted so far one of three rockets aimed at Ashdod and four of four rockets aimed at Be’ersheba–two cities with a population of more than 200,000 each.
- 20:00 – Earlier today, IAF aircraft thwarted two terrorist squads from firing rockets at Israel from the northern and the central Gaza Strip. Direct hits were identified.
- 17:30 - IAF aircraft targeted two members of the Popular Resistance Committee terror organization in the Gaza Strip – a senior operative, Zuhir Mussah Ahmed Kaisi, and a collaborator, Mahmud Ahmed Mahmud Hananni. The squad had been responsible for planning a combined terror attack that was to take place via Sinai in the coming days. A direct hit was confirmed.
Israel does not seek an escalation in the region. However, the the country is prepared to defend the residents of Israel and prevent terrorist attacks.
No related posts.